Wednesday, June 29, 2011

El vestido (The dress)

Today I went for my first (actual) dress fitting with Stephanie!! (We had worked with muslin before, but never the real dress.) Stephanie is an absolute sewing genius. I'll say "Why don't we try this?" and she responds with a few quick pins of fabric and voila! my vision is a reality. She is so patient, too-- the lack of which is my hamartia when it comes to anything sewing related.

We tried on the skirt that she had whipped up and it was *perfect*. It fit me exactly! We then tried the bodice piece that will eventually be attached and had a few problems at first. This is probably due to the amount of chocolate I eat multiplied by the negative amount of hours that I exercise in a year...
In the end, we decided to basically scrap at least half of the original bodice and just drape the fabric on me while we were both there. We agreed on a different pattern of ruching in the center and it is going to look absolutely LOVELY! I am psyched.


This is my dress! But it's TOP SECRET...
So I can't actually show you what it's like...
You'll have to wait until August 6th!


After I left Stephanie's house (and finally mailed the last two straggler invitations!!), I dropped by Redbox and the grocery to get a few things for this evening. Belmont's sister, Jen, came over to watch "From Prada to Nada." (Lauren watched a bit of it with us, too.) I could have been the only one who thoroughly enjoyed it, but they both humored me and watched the whole thing. It was really pretty fun! It was based on "Sense and Sensibility," but it was set in modern-day L.A. in the east-side in a Latino neighborhood. (Of course I liked it!) Some of the aunts had on traditional Mexican dresses and it made me really excited to try to find something fun in a Mexican market when we go for our honeymoon! I think it will definitely make me a more legit Spanish professor. Ha! :)

Only 38 more days left! So much to do! Good thing I'm going to visit the fam over the 4th of July. I'm sure Annie and my mom will help me tons! I also have my last bridal shower this Saturday... exciting!

It is really bizarre that I am going to be a Mrs. soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment