I just finished the invitations! Utterly and completely! We took the majority of them to the downtown post office yesterday to be hand-processed, but had a few stragglers who had not given us their addresses and others with envelopes that I had made mistakes on. I did not go through and check each one off as we mailed them (since I had done so on my Excel list as I was going along with different color fonts, etc.) but now I think maybe it would have been a good idea. Oh well! I am kind of over it at this point. Tonight I sat down and finished off the last few, all of which are sitting on my dining room table to be mailed tomorrow a.m. I had not counted exactly for stamps (since a few we were going to hand-deliver and others were going overseas) so I just said "Umm... let's go with 200?" yesterday to the lady at the post office. Good guess! We are only one stamp short for the invites and I technically added someone else to the list. :)
This week is VBS at church and it has been great so far. Andrew's little cousins, Baden and Ava, are in town this week visiting his parents and they are both in my crew. (Originally they were not because of their age difference, but Ava faked a tummy ache and refused to participate all morning until she was put in my group... so now we are all together.) She has been calling me "teacher" all week, and is one of the more hilarious and dramatic kids I have ever met. Yesterday we were eating dinner with the Belmont family and I was tired of my hair being down, so I pulled it up in a bun and put a flower in it. Andrew and I walked in the room where the kids were watching a movie and she said "Oh my goodness!! You look gorgeous! You're like a different person!" (I clearly had not looked so good before. She is incredibly honest.) I said, "Well thanks, Ava! I think I need to hang out with you more often" to which she responded, "Yes. Thank you, teacher." Haha! She says the craziest things, but we have been laughing all week.
As for other random quotes from our favorite kids, Drew Porter is still enthralled with Belmont and talks about him all the time. (I think Drew is 2, potentially 3.) Ben (his dad) was trying to get him to say that Ben was the strongest man in the world (so that he would not be afraid of the thunderstorm, since his dad could save him), but Ella (Drew's older sister) retorted that Jesus was the strongest man in the world. Ben assented and said, "Okay, well who's the second strongest?" Ella looked at him confused and said, "Umm... Abraham?" Ha! I asked them at church on Sunday, hoping to get a similar answer. Ella said she didn't know who was strongest and Drew replied emphatically, "BELMONT IS THE STRONGEST!!!" I have no idea where this guy crush came from, but it's adorable. :)
My first dress fitting is next week!
Only 45 days left until August 6th!
No comments:
Post a Comment