Quite an accomplishment, if I do say so myself.
This week has been up and down with wedding planning.
We have apparently had a mix-up with scheduling the church which was the most stressful wedding event of the week, but my friend Susan assured me today that every wedding has a "snafu" (a new vocab word for me) and that this was ours. Since we only get one (apparently), we are free and clear of all future wedding snafus. In that case, I'd say this is relatively minor. We are almost assured of the church at our preferred time, so at least our snafu did not include my wedding dress or a groom leaving me at the altar. There's always a silver-lining, right? :)
In the positive column of this wedding planning extravaganza, I designed programs this week!! They are (clearly) in the early stages, since we have not discussed the ceremony with my dad, but they are pret-ty fabulous. I looked on Etsy.com (one of my recently discovered favorite sites), found a design I liked and then shamelessly copied it, adding my own flair and fonts, etc. The program looks slightly like this picture, but not really at all. It is accordion-style, includes a monogram (designed by yours truly), and is a program for a wedding. Those are more or less the only similarities you will find. But you'll have to wait 'til the big day to see the finished product!!
We are clearly not Amber and Mark, but we appreciatetheir creativity in helping us create our programs! :)
On Sunday, I had another shower with a few ladies from church. What a blessing! Our friends and family have been incredible in showing their support and generosity over the past few months. Dianne (the hostess) took millions of pictures, but said she is having trouble uploading them right now. Hopefully she will have some up soon and I can share them!
Poor Belmont has been feeling sick the past couple of days, so this evening we hung out at the Youth House and watched a few episodes of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" from Netflix (a new favorite). It was nice just to hang out and relax and not focus on wedding details (aside from the intermittent phone calls and texts from his groomsmen about the suit-buying that is taking place this weekend). Please keep him in your prayers... I think he's going to run himself ragged. The boy really cannot sit still.
I think it is time I got some sleep. If I don't get called in to work tomorrow (by the handsome VP of the company), I need to get started on some thank yous!
The timeline is down to less than 2 months!!
What a whirlwind...!
I think it is time I got some sleep. If I don't get called in to work tomorrow (by the handsome VP of the company), I need to get started on some thank yous!
The timeline is down to less than 2 months!!
What a whirlwind...!
No comments:
Post a Comment