Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life Lately

My, my this has been a busy week. Belmont has been busy with work and I have been busy with school. Last night was my last final exam of grad school!! I am done with classes. Now on to grading... Yikes!!

This weekend was quite busy. As it is mid-May, the graduation ceremonies and parties are in full-swing. Saturday, my future sister-in-law Melissa graduated, along with another friend of mine from Lindenwood that is about to head to Australia for graduate studies. Congratulations, Melissa and Stefanie!

Little brother!!


Calen and Melissa at Llywelyn's Pub


Stefanie and I at her graduation party


After a long day on Saturday (complete with going to my first-ever horse races, where Belmont and I each lost two-dollar vouchers on a bad bet), we had nursery duty on Sunday a.m. Neither of us had done nursery in quite a long time and were excited to be called on. It was really great to see the way that these kids are being taught the gospel consistently week-by-week. One of the points that the teacher touched on was talking to God. They are learning that they talk to God through prayer and that God talks to them through His Word. What an amazing truth to learn as a three-year-old!!

Monday and Tuesday were full of final interviews with my students. They did really well overall! Each student comes in for ten minutes and speaks in Spanish to a partner about a given topic and then we review their progress. However, after 38 interviews and a final exam, I was completely worn out and did not want to come home last night to write a paper. I was very excited, then, to get a call from Belmont around 3:00 p.m. asking if I wanted to go to a Cardinals' game with him and my roommate Chrissy. Yes! Neither Chrissy nor I had ever been to a game (this was my first baseball game ever and Chrissy's first Cards' game.) Such fun and such great seats!! Here are some pictures of our night, watching the Cards win 2-1:

Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT how you would
write "The Bird's Cantina" in Spanish. Sorry.


Chrissy and I having fun at the game!


My handsome man and I. We look a little weird
because of the mirror-image camera shot.



Our view of the field-- Pretty amazing!


We also randomly saw everyone we knew at the game,
including the Porters and the Lyles. Although they all
had nice seats, the four seats beside ours were vacant,
so we snuck them over to our section to watch together.



Now that exams are over, we are looking forward to me being done with grading so that life can get back to normal. This also means that I will be going to work as the new (part-time) secretary at Belmont Party Rentals! Given my affinity for office work, this should be fabulous. I am such a J (please see http://www.myersbriggs.org) and my need for organization is never-ending. I will now be able to simultaneously organize to my heart's content and learn about the (future) family business up-close and personal(ly). Perfect!

I hope you are having a wonderful May 18th. There are only 2 months and 19 days remaining until we are married...
Hip hip hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment