Thursday, May 5, 2011

1234

Today was quite a day. It was my day off and I was relatively productive all morning, but around 3:00 Belmont and I started checking off some milestones together.
  1. Today was the 1st time I let Belmont change the oil in my car. I have always taken it to our St. Louis family mechanic (the previous owner also took it there, so it's never been anywhere else). However, I somewhat panicked this afternoon when I realized I was about to go to visit my family this weekend and I was getting around the 5,000-mile mark on my oil needing to be changed. I think it's also around time for a tire rotation, but he said he could do that when I get back. Isn't he manly??! I'm a lucky girl.


    Isn't he handsome?? I told him I have
    decided to run away with my mechanic. :)



    What a man...




    I am not much help in the garage...


  2. Today was also our 2nd pre-marital counseling session. We are meeting with pastor Mike Kennison at the Kirk and we are enjoying it immensely so far. Today we discussed money. We both left feeling challenged and affirmed, like last time. It is such a good fit-- glad we picked Mike. :)

  3. This evening we also went to find out the gender of the 3rd Porter baby!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Philip Waldron, a friend from our small group at church, hosted a "Porter Sex Party" and had a cake made with icing in the middle that gave away the gender of the baby. The Porters cut into it (PINK!) and we all found out together. So special!!


    Cutting the cake... PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!




    (left to right) Anna Porter, proud mommy-to-be,
    Jess Lyle, me and Jenna Nelson



    Philip passed around blue and pink beads so that
    we could guess ahead of time.
    Belmont and I have FABULOUS intuition.


  4. Finally, the number 4. Today was actually "4" in a few ways. Since we went to a baby party, we were talking about our future four children (hopefully) and their cute names that we've already picked out. Tomorrow I will also be leaving to visit my family for four days, which is the longest we've been apart since we've been engaged. (This could be tough!) But it was also the 4th day without refined sugar in my diet. (Although, I confess, I ate one bite of Belmont's baby cake to join in the celebration.) Not having a headache for four days running has been amazing. I plan to take my Black Bean Brownie recipe to Illinois with me to share with my family. (You laugh. You would not be laughing if you ate one. You would be astounded!!) It really has been lovely.
Now that we've talked about all four, I hope you're singing Feist's "1234" song in your head like I am. I guess there's also a five and a six, too...

Today is cinco (5) de mayo.
Tomorrow is seis de mayo... May 6th, which means:

THREE MONTHS UNTIL WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can.not.wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment