After the MAC, we stopped by his parents' house to pick up some boiled eggs and egg dye, and then looked through some old pictures of him as a kid on various Easters. Adorable! We stopped by my apartment on the way to the youth house and he laid on the couch while I was changing into non-Easter dress clothes. I came out into the living room and found this:
Charlotte likes to nap, specifically on top of human nappers.
Oh, the life of a cat. Such rest!
Oh, the life of a cat. Such rest!
We went back to the youth house later to dye eggs and roast Peeps in the fireplace as an experiment. Our egg dyeing was a success-- the Peeps we kind of forgot about. There's always next year!
I tried to made the dyes in matching mugs
because that seemed more fancy, but we soon
ran out of options in the youth house cabinet.
Lots of tie dye and a rubber band experiment.
Belmont's. He had the most luck with our masking
tape experiement. The far right corner is my rubber
band/tie dye one, though... cool, right??
As the eggs were drying and preparing themselves for the hiding that lay ahead, Belmont and I looked up honeymoon destinations in the Caribbean. We found quite a few resorts that we really liked! Much more affordable than I ever imagined. We have not made a final decision yet, but all of them looked fantastic. So excited to be in a tropical climate!!
Eggs? Dried. Now it was time for an egg hunt. I hid in the basement while he hid the eggs. "Hey, Kami! The Easter Bunny came!" he said, so I ran up the stairs like a small child, super excited for this egg hunt. It took me 9 minutes and 18 seconds to find all ten. (It reminded me of my childhood on a family video, when I am walking around in a nightgown as a 4-year old scratching my head in confusion as I look for eggs to no avail: "The Easter Bunny's a good hider!")
Belmont's turn was next. He was sure he would beat my score. False. Not as easy as it looks!
At this point, he was frantic. He was not beating my score and the minutes were ticking away. Time to start looking a little more closely... and maybe a little more recklessly. As he looked on the table, he accidentally knocked over a fluorescent light bulb. MERCURY!!!!
We rushed out of the room and I Googled EPA guidelines for proper mercury removal from a residence. We went thoroughly through every step to clean it up properly. Belmont is not as hypochondriacal as his fiancée, so he cleaned it all up like a man while I shouted Haz-Mat protocols at him from the other room, while assuring myself that I felt every symptom of mercury poisoning that I could find on WebMD... Thankfully (to our knowledge) neither of us (nor Kevin?) have gone crazy yet or started foaming at the mouth. I think we had a close brush with terror on that one and made it out okay!
Here is the Easter lily I got from church this morning!
Belmont got one for the youth house. I think our
lilies were in love, but we separated them and brought
them to our own houses. Such a delicious scent!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and were reminded of the precious truths of the gospel. Christ is risen! He is risen, indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment