The process of creating my wedding dress has officially begun! Belmont and I went to visit Craig and Stephanie (and little Miss Olivia!) this evening in St. Charles for my first fitting. Steph had already sewn a muslin trial version of the base to see how it fit and it was almost perfect! The guys hung out in the living room with Olivia while Stephanie and I discussed sleeve angles, pleating, fabric choices, etc. I am so excited! I need to e-mail my uncle about wearing my grandmother's necklace soon. I think it is going to go perfectly with the neckline. So pleased!
Belmont had not met either of them before, but we had a really great evening together. Craig made some delicious enchiladas for supper with a recipe he got from AllRecipes.com. My first reaction was to get on my *new, amazing* phone and see if the site had an app. Which it did! Now I will be prepared next time I go to the store and want to make something awesome without going back home for a recipe to see what ingredients I need. Incredible.
After supper, we played Wii and discovered a new dance game which I'm pretty sure we need once we're married. It was so entertaining, even though we were not exactly high-scorers. I felt almost like I got a workout! (Almost.) I also rocked at Wii bowling... and then finished off the night horribly in MarioKart. 12th out of 12 in three straight races. Thankfully I am a better driver in real life...

No comments:
Post a Comment