After Sunday school, we went to brunch with his family and grandparents at the Palm House. Such a delicious spread! It was a gorgeous afternoon and the inside of the Palm House reminds me of something from Out of Africa... so beautiful! I think it is open year-round. If so, I think I would like to go sometime while there is snow outside and sit in a balmy room surrounded by sunshine and palm trees.
After brunch, we went home to take a nap to recover from working all day on Saturday. When we woke up, we got a text from his mom to tell us to check on our front porch. We went outside and she had left me a beautiful fancy scarf!! (I am wearing it right now.) I wore a black dress today that left me a little chilly in the autumn weather. She had gotten the scarf for a Christmas present, but decided to give it to me early. Yay! The colors are gorgeous-- all my favorite fall colors-- and it probably matches almost everything in my wardrobe. Thanks, Cindy! :)
This afternoon, the husband and I decided to go coupon shopping in conjunction with some sales I had been scoping out. We got so many deals piled up in our cart and I was ready to see how much we had saved by being responsible married people. However, when we got to the counter we found out that they only double the coupons up to 40¢ (instead of the $1.00 limit that it used to be). Sad! We saved some money, but not as much as I had hoped. Oh well. We did get some delicious-looking brownie bites that I am dying to try. :)
Tonight we had youth group and now we are relaxing and watching baseball with our friends, the Nelsons, who dropped by. Belmont made us some homemade popcorn! Delicious! My sweet friend Stephanie got us a Whirley Pop as a wedding gift and told us how her parents pop popcorn together almost every night and relax with some cheese and a glass of wine. It was such a sweet gift. A few months later, however, the fun was doubled as we got some gourmet popcorn favorites from her parents! We made some tonight and had plenty of toppings to choose from.
Our Whirley Pop-- what a great idea!
The supplies-- TONS of types to choose from and lots of toppings!
Some yummy-looking popcorn!Thanks, Belmont!
Tomorrow it's back-to-work. I have to finish my third (and final) section of my thesis for Tuesday, so I will likely have some library time tomorrow afternoon. I am meeting with my mentor tomorrow, so I am looking forward to hearing what she thinks!
Have a lovely rest of the weekend!
Have a lovely rest of the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment