His name is Eldon Boyd Cannon. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and is 20 1/2 inches long. He is ADORABLE and we cannot wait to meet him! Dusty and Will are doing well and are both exhausted. I think they should be going home tomorrow from the hospital.
WE HAVE A NEPHEW! MY PARENTS ARE GRANDPARENTS!
A new era has begun...
The first picture we ever saw of him
Dusty holding her baby boy
What a sweetheart!!
Uh oh! He's upset!
Feeling much better. Isn't he precious?!
You can see his eyes!
Sleeping Eldon
Papa holding his grandboy
Eldon with flowers from Uncle Belmont & Aunt Kami :)
Daddy Will with Baby EldonNeedless to say, we are so excited to meet our nephew this weekend. I have fall break on Monday and Tuesday, so we get to hang out until Tuesday-ish. Yay! Nephew time! Family time!
Tonight we had Wednesday night church and Belmont got to meet his old couple crush! There is a couple at our church-- Jack and Sara-- and Belmont has been dying to meet them for a while. We see them sitting up in the choir loft and sometimes in Sunday school. The lady talks just like my Granny and the man is so sweet. Anyway, they were right behind us in line at Wednesday night supper and Belmont looked at me like a giddy little girl with a crush at school, "Oh my gosh! It's them! Do you think I should talk to them...??!" He talked to them and they wound up coming to sit with us. Sara is from Memphis/Arkansas. I told them that I was born in Memphis and that I also have family from Arkansas. She is a speech specialist and he was an engineer. They have a granddaughter from Guatemala! What fun! We have lots in common. AND... drumroll, please... WE BOTH HAVE ANNIVERSARIES ON AUGUST 6th!! They celebrated their 50th anniversary on the day that we got married! We decided to celebrate our 10-year/60-year anniversaries together. :)
We are currently watching the World Series. I have not been paying much attention, although Belmont is convinced that I am becoming a Cards' fan. We are having some friends over tomorrow to watch Game 2! Fun! The Porters are also planning to come over for dinner and we get to meet Baby Aubrey! She has been asleep every time I've seen her. I'm so excited!
Tomorrow = mid-term grading
Can it be fall break already?!!? :)
P. S. The title is obviously a Superman reference. Belmont just got all four of the original Superman movies from Amazon.com!
He is soooo excited. We watched the first one the other day with Nika and Chrissy (after we baked lots of fudge pies together like domestic goddesses!) It was pretty good and I'm excited to see the other ones. Belmont is pumped. :)
Tonight we had Wednesday night church and Belmont got to meet his old couple crush! There is a couple at our church-- Jack and Sara-- and Belmont has been dying to meet them for a while. We see them sitting up in the choir loft and sometimes in Sunday school. The lady talks just like my Granny and the man is so sweet. Anyway, they were right behind us in line at Wednesday night supper and Belmont looked at me like a giddy little girl with a crush at school, "Oh my gosh! It's them! Do you think I should talk to them...??!" He talked to them and they wound up coming to sit with us. Sara is from Memphis/Arkansas. I told them that I was born in Memphis and that I also have family from Arkansas. She is a speech specialist and he was an engineer. They have a granddaughter from Guatemala! What fun! We have lots in common. AND... drumroll, please... WE BOTH HAVE ANNIVERSARIES ON AUGUST 6th!! They celebrated their 50th anniversary on the day that we got married! We decided to celebrate our 10-year/60-year anniversaries together. :)
We are currently watching the World Series. I have not been paying much attention, although Belmont is convinced that I am becoming a Cards' fan. We are having some friends over tomorrow to watch Game 2! Fun! The Porters are also planning to come over for dinner and we get to meet Baby Aubrey! She has been asleep every time I've seen her. I'm so excited!
Tomorrow = mid-term grading
Can it be fall break already?!!? :)
P. S. The title is obviously a Superman reference. Belmont just got all four of the original Superman movies from Amazon.com!
He is soooo excited. We watched the first one the other day with Nika and Chrissy (after we baked lots of fudge pies together like domestic goddesses!) It was pretty good and I'm excited to see the other ones. Belmont is pumped. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment