I originally wanted them to live on our front porch (and still do), but the sun does not visit our front porch very often and these are "sun" flowers. The first day that we got some good sunshine, I moved them out onto our back porch and they are doing much better. I want to plant them, but we will need a little potting soil for that. Aren't they so cute??
In other "sun" flower news, Belmont brought me home some sunflowers from Trader Joe's the other night! He also made a delicious supper and we watched Will Ferrell's new movie "Everything Must Go." It is his first serious role since "Stranger Than Fiction" and it was pretty good. We also ate cotton candy, though, which makes everything better. :)
Yesterday was my "day off" in which I finished grading all of my students' homework and quizzes. I have 40 students this semester, so everything adds up really quickly and always seems to take me too much time. I am a perfectionist. I am about to grade all of their compositions, however, and I need to take a much more holistic approach. I refuse to correct every grammar mistake! Let's see if I can stick to that... :)
In more AWESOME news, however, my cousin Amber texted me this a.m. and told me that she is pregnant with their first baby!
So Dusty is due in October and her baby will have a 2nd-cousin this coming May, Lord willing! Belmont and I are just going to be the cool uncle & aunt. Not planning to have little Frank Leon anytime quite yet.
Guess I really should get to grading. I might need some tea!
Happy Friday, everyone! ¡Buen fin de semana!
In more AWESOME news, however, my cousin Amber texted me this a.m. and told me that she is pregnant with their first baby!
So Dusty is due in October and her baby will have a 2nd-cousin this coming May, Lord willing! Belmont and I are just going to be the cool uncle & aunt. Not planning to have little Frank Leon anytime quite yet.
Guess I really should get to grading. I might need some tea!
Happy Friday, everyone! ¡Buen fin de semana!
No comments:
Post a Comment