
Belmont and I have both been pretty busy lately, as party rentals are in full swing in the month of September (along with his reading of the entire Old Testament for class and working with the youth...!) We are both enjoying leading small groups at church on Wednesday nights and spending time with our groups on Sundays, too. He is still quite busy with sports, but they have taken a backseat to work this month. EVERYTHING has taken a backseat for me this month with thesis writing (due October 7th)...
...everything, that is, except baby showers. I will have thrown three baby showers by the end of October. Anna Porter is due to have her third baby on the 24th of September and we had her baby shower this past Saturday. I sadly could not find my camera (lame!) but it was so much fun. I would describe it in detail to you, but my sister's shower (this upcoming Saturday) is going to be very similar! Only for a BOY instead of a GIRL! Dusty's was actually planned first, but I had so many ideas and so many supplies that I asked Anna if she would like to have one as well in St. Louis. (A practice shower? Haha!) The guests were asked to bring children's books instead of cards and it went really well. At first Anna told me that she was a little worried about getting lots of doubles of the books that Ella and Drew already have, but then I explained to her why that was awesome. Since Dusty is the oldest child, most of the books belong to her and we just shared them as we grew up. Now that we are growing up and grandchildren are coming along, Dusty has claimed all the books and I am sad! So if Baby Porter #3 has her own set of books, all the better. Dianne Waldron agreed with me and said her older sister took all the books, too. I know I have a Jonah and the Whale book somewhere with my name in the cover and a Pig Goes to the Fair book, but other than that I'm not sure. Anyway, Dusty's shower is going to be book-themed too and AWESOME! I am excited.
The only thing I am not excited about is leaving my husband for the first time! I didn't realize until a couple of days ago that we had never been apart since we got married. I anticipate feeling pretty homesick this Friday night...
On Friday after class, I plan to head to my parents' house (and stop on the way at the outlet mall for some delicious smelling party favors at Bath & Body Works) to start working on the food with my mom. Saturday a. m., Dusty is coming over and helping set up (she doesn't care about spoiling surprises) and then we are going to have a baby extravaganza! Again... I can't say anything else until after the shower. Hopefully I'll find my camera this time!!
Jess Lyle's shower is in October... AFTER my thesis is turned in! Much less stress. And a completely different theme.
Belmont went out with his old roommate, Kevin, tonight and is on his way home. I feel like going to sleep! Thesis-writing me agota. It exhausts me. And leaves me thinking in Spanglish.
Happy Tuesday to you all! And to all, a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment