Monday, September 5, 2011

The Newlyweds

My, my... what a long time it's been since this blog has seen an update! First up in the news... We are married! Hooray! We did it! ¡Lo hicimos! Here are a few pictures of the festivities surrounding our wedding:


Here we are at our rehearsal dinner.
We must have thought it was Christmas...


Here we are with all of our attendants. "Cheese!!"


Here is the rehearsal dinner set-up. Isn't it gorgeous?
His parents did a wonderful job! Thank you, Paul & Cindy!


The Jones fam with all of our significant others.
What a good-looking group!!


The zipper on my wedding gown broke on the day of
the ceremony. I was clearly not happy about this!


My dad walking me down the aisle to "Amazing Grace"


Here we are with his family and his grandparents


The Jones fam


Belmont being greeted by his new siblings! Group hug!


Our entire wedding party! What a group!


Our wedding favors-- Mr. & Mrs. Belvebeers!


Our beautiful cake, made by our friend Kerstin


Eating the cake!


Leaving the reception


JUST MARRIED!


We went to Mexico for our honeymoon and it was beautiful! It was so much fun to be able to practice my Spanish in a native environment, and Belmont had lots of fun learning new Spanish phrases too! We had an incredibly relaxing time (especially after so much planning and work leading up to the wedding!) and would definitely recommend our resort to anyone who wants to go to Latin America!

Recently, it has been back-to-the-grindstone in the (new) Belmont household. I had a week off before I started work (right after we got back from Mexico), but now we are both working and doing schoolwork. Belmont is taking an Old Testament class at the seminary and was supposed to read all of the Psalms and a few Proverbs (I think) this week. Hmm... pretty sure he hasn't done that yet. Haha! I am not very motivating. I have gotten him to watch two movies with me this week, so I will let him blame any academic failures on me. We watched "The Conspirator" (about Abraham Lincoln's assassination) and "Arthur" (a remake of an old Dudley Moore movie) and we really enjoyed both of them!
Way to go, Redbox.

A few other random things we've been up to:
  1. Borders is closing and we have been stocking up on new books and movies. I got a book on "small-space gardening" to check out some info on starting a garden behind our house when spring comes, and Belmont got an American Revolution DVD set. I went back a few days later and got a couple of copies of Sheet Music to give to friends (such a good deal!), a Juanes CD for $4.40, and a Martha Stewart entertaining book. Pretty exciting stuff! :)
  2. Belmont tried an omelette for the first time in years. I made a breakfast-supper the other night before we watched "Arthur" and he loved it! I think the secret to his heart was the American cheese in lieu of cheddar. We also had bacon... which was YUM!
  3. He also had his first dollar store experience!! He had never been to a dollar store (as far as he remembers) and we had tons of fun. We both got a few things for school, some snacks, envelopes to mail presents, and a puzzle! It is a barn puzzle and it's basically awesome. I think we are going to start working it on our little breakfast table and then we can just put a few pieces in every time we get bored. I'm pretty sure our IQ's are about to shoot through the roof!
  4. We went to visit my family for a couple of days before school started for me. It was a great time to relax and we also got to give them some awesome Mexico souvenirs. :)
  5. We are starting d(iscipleship) groups on Wednesday night and both of us will be leaders. He is leading a d-group for the 12th-grade guys and I (along with my friend Leah) will be leading a group of 7th- and 8th-grade girls. This Wednesday is the kick-off and we are baking cookies! We will meet with the large group for part of the time, but also wanted to have a getting-to-know-you time with our girls. And eat cookies. That's always nice. :)

Today we celebrated Labor Day by not laboring... and by eating. We started the eating marathon at his parents' house with Belgian waffles. His grandparents were in town and we met up with them before they headed home. What a delicious meal to start the day! We then went to Applebee's to visit my brother at work and check out his mad server skills. More delicious food. We had a mini Oreo dessert that was perfect! Chocolate mousse, we love you. We went to our final meal at our friends' house from church. Kerstin is the amazing cook who made our wedding cake. We enjoyed her culinary talents this afternoon (and lots of good company) before heading home to relax a little bit.

Belmont is playing soccer tonight (a double header!) but I decided to relax a little more before starting a crazy week at school. I cleaned our room and our guest room... and am now having some relaxing peppermint tea. Thank you, Trader Joe's.

I hope you have all enjoyed this mini update. Happy Labor Day!

Hopefully another blog entry won't be too far off...


No comments:

Post a Comment