Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Kitchen-Aid Test

Today has been very relaxing.  Belmont was home from work, which has been so nice!  He let me sleep in while he watched Wings, and then brought me breakfast in bed!  What a sweet boy.  (Omelette with bacon.  Yum!)  He worked in the garage for a little while, I cleaned up the house.  Pretty normal Saturday.

EXCEPT... I decided to try something new.  I used my Kitchen-Aid to make HOMEMADE BAGELS from scratch! 
Here is the process:

Put all of the ingredients into the bowl.


Attach your Kitchen-Aid bread hook.


Mix for 5-7 minutes using your Kitchen-Aid.


Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
Let the dough sit for 20 minutes.


Roll the dough into snakes.  Loop the dough around your
hand and create a circle.  Join the two ends.  Circles!
Let the dough sit for 20 more minutes. 


Boil the bagels for 1 minute.
Flip bagels and boil for another minute. 


Let dry for 1 minute.  (Looking good!)


Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
Flip.  Bake for 10 more minutes. 


FRESH, HOMEMADE BAGELS!


Homemade bagel with cream cheese
and pepper jelly.  DELICIOUS!!


Belmont LOVED his bagel with peanut butter.

I mailed a bagel to my cousin Heather who sent me the Kitchen-Aid mixer.  Hopefully it'll still be good when she gets it!  We'll see!  We are now about to relax, drink some hot tea, and watch another episode of Sherlock.

Hope you are having a great Saturday!  Stay out of the cold!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment