Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Domestic Goddess Returns

Today it was back to school for me!  I am soooo tired after actually getting up before 7:00 a.m.  Haha!  My friend, Karissa, and I were discussing schedules today and we both decided that the perfect job for us would start at 10:00 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m.  The rest of the day, we want to be at home doing more domestic things for fun.  Baking, anyone??

Speaking of domesticity, guess what we got?!  A vacuum cleaner that WORKS!  I had some Christmas money, and I asked Belmont to search CraigsList to see if there were any good ones.  He went today to pick up this beauty:

Can you tell how clean the rug looks??
Belmont saved me the carpet in the living room and den.  :)
We have never had a vacuum cleaner of our own, and the one at the Youth House has completely given up.  It gets clogged so easily, and even when it's not clogged it works at about 50%.  I can't believe how well this new one works!  I also really like the color.  Pretty snazzy.  :)

In other news, yesterday was the end of an era.  The balloon that Belmont got me for my recovery from surgery finally gave up and lost all its helium.  It was floating in our room for 3 months and 1 day!!  Can you imagine?!  Best balloon I ever had.  And I did get well!

For some reason, the blog is turning this picture sideways.
 This was the famous balloon of 2012.


Belmont is doing Insanity, his exercise video.  He has so much more dedication than I do.  I loathe exercising, but I have been doing very well in the New Year with eating all of the correct food groups.  Maybe I would exercise more if I had a 10:00 - 3:00 job?  Plenty of time for exercising with that schedule!  Ha!

We had dinner plans with friends tonight, but unfortunately they are at home with a stomach bug.  Yikes!  So far we haven't gotten sick this winter, and we are very thankful.  The worst part is that we have been trying to get together with them since May.  We finally got a date and now we have to re-schedule.  Maybe 2014?

Well, I need to run to the store to get a couple of things for supper.  Happy Thursday!  I hope that you are all doing well, staying out of the cold, and staying healthy!  

T-minus 25 days until our second nephew is due!!

No comments:

Post a Comment