So today I decided he needed something to help his cough. I was going to make some homemade Vapo-Rub shower tablets to steam in the shower. Sadly, I did not have the correct essential oils. (I have since ordered them on Amazon and should be able to make them soon.) Then I started to make some homemade cough syrup that I have used in the past that is very effective, but I was out of apple cider vinegar. I looked through my Pinterest to see what else I could possibly make. Cough drops? Okay!
Ginger tea was the first ingredient.
Add equal parts ginger tea and sugar.
(I also added some Missouri honey.)
(I also added some Missouri honey.)
Have a powdered sugar mold prepared.
Boil the mixture until it reaches 300 degrees.
(I didn't have a candy thermometer,
but used the iced water test for candy.)
but used the iced water test for candy.)
Pour the candied mixture into the powdered sugar mold.
Cool the drops until hardened and toss in sugar.
ENJOY!
ENJOY!
I will probably need a thermometer next time. They were still a bit chewy, but very delicious. Since the base is a tea, I could use any tea that I like! Maybe green tea drops? Or peppermint? Or orange?? The possibilities are endless and delicious. :)
We are currently watching another episode of John Adams, so I should probably go. Please pray for my sick hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment