This week, we had tons of visitors! My grandparents and aunt and uncle came to St. Louis for the first time since our wedding. They stayed about two minutes from our house, and we had a lot of fun hanging out and seeing the sites of the city. The Cannons came into town at the same time and stayed with us. They stayed in our lower suite of the Belmont Hotel (i.e., the basement) and Eldon slept in his playpen. I cleaned the floors really well (and mopped the den for the very first time) so that Eldon could crawl all over the house. Somehow he still managed to find some dirt that got on his hands and knees, but I tried really hard! I even sprinkled the whole downstairs with baking soda before I vacuumed. (This lifts the dirt to the surface so that it can be vacuumed up.) Pretty good maid service, I'd say.
Belmont's family came over for a cookout on Friday night before my extended family left. It was a great time! The Cannons didn't leave until yesterday afternoon, and I was really sad to see them go. Especially Eldon, since I don't know if he'll remember me! He is sooo sweet and learned to wave good-bye. He waved at me when they were leaving. :)
Here are a few pictures from our time together. What a fun visit!
The fam visiting the Arch museum
A group shot at Grant's Farm
(Belmont met us later after work.)
The sweetest little boy I've ever known. :)
A group shot before the relatives left the next morning
Uncle Regie wanted to test out the scooter! :)
A trip to the Farmers' Market
Zoo time! Eldon lost his hat. :(
Eldon's souvenir from Tía and Uncle Belmont :)
My Italian husband making pizza on Saturday night
The Cannons at Old Town St. Charles--
a family favorite!
REVELS!!!!!!!! I found some at the English shop!
These were our favorite candy
from our trip to Scotland.
Can you guess whose feet these are?? :)
Our second bowling scores.
I won the first game, which is a FIRST!
My parents and our family friends, Gene and Shannon, are coming for a visit tomorrow! We are riding motorcycles basically the whole time they are here! The first trip is supposed to be to Illinois to some antique shops. Then after that, wine country! Belmont and I are renting a Harley so that we can keep up with the Joneses. Haha! Looking forward to some fun times and relaxation!
Well, the hubby and I are headed to Starbucks this afternoon for a reading date. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the lovely summer that we're having!
No comments:
Post a Comment