Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"babymama naturals" is born!

Okay, I should be cleaning my house.  I have guests coming tomorrow!!  But instead of cleaning today, I have been making Belmont Hotel gifts for the welcome baskets.  (Yes, baskets is plural.  Eldon gets his own basket, of course!)  I put my recent Pinterest pinning to work and made my very first natural baby products!  I haven't made the baby wipes yet, because Dusty is going to bring an old baby wipes box for me to put them in (so that they will dispense).  However, I thought that since I am so very excited about the things that I made and proud of how they turned out, you would all like to see them.  Right?  :)

Here is what I did with my afternoon:

The stock of ingredients for the projects that follow


 
Slowly heating the ingredients that make up the lotion.
Slowly, but surely, it became a single liquid! 


LOTION:  The final product


SUGAR SCRUB:  The final product
(It looks kind of like apple butter!) 


Eldon's Oatmeal Bath mix


Okay, the next one is my favorite.  I made a baby wash for Eldon to use while he's here that he can take home.  I recycled an old container from Bath and Body Works that had a foaming dispenser (to make it easier to wash with).  It took FOREVER to create the label for this thing!  I'm kind of nervous because I printed it on an inkjet printer and the ink might run if it gets wet...  I'm going to try spraying it with hairspray to hopefully avoid that.  I have been wanting to create a line of baby products that I could give to people at baby showers that are made of completely organic and all-natural ingredients.  This was my first attempt.  Using the current label, I can clearly not sell them since I didn't create the graphics.  But maybe someday?

Here it is: 


BabyMama Naturals
Lavender Baby Wash
(list of ingredients below)



I'm a little overly excited because it looks like I wanted it to!!  But now I guess I actually have to clean my house so that I can have guests.  Might be nice, huh?  :)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment