Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tomatoes & Roses

This is going to be a short blog, but I wanted to let you know some exciting yard news!  First, our tomato plants are out of control.  They are huge!  No tomatoes yet, but the bushes are getting ready to produce.  We went to the hardware store today and got some cages to put around them.  One of the plants was smaller than the other two, but it fit best into the cage.  Perhaps it will be the biggest producer!  We shall see.

In other yard news, Belmont (with a tiny amount of help from me) created a rose garden!  There was an empty terrace in our back yard that was just producing weeds.  We tried to plant beans there last year, but the deer and bunnies demolished them.  This year, we decided on roses.  (Do deer eat roses...??)  We picked up four rose bushes (Buy One, Get One Free!) at the hardware store, along with six bags of mulch.  Belmont's mom recommended Knock-Out roses, which is what they have, and they are supposed to be very hardy.  I'm excited!  Here are the before and after pictures.  Feel free to congratulate Bel on all of his hard work.  :)


 Here is the BEFORE.  Weeds, weeds, weeds.
And one very handsome hubby with the tiller!
(Also, notice the weird tree/weed on the side.)


The AFTER!  Four rose bushes (the back one is
hard to see, but there are four).  And mulch!
Doesn't it look wonderful??  It looks even better
in person.  You'll have to believe me!
(And I cut down the tree/weed in the back, too!)


I'll try to take more pictures as they get some blooms on them.  They look so great!  The mulch makes it look so official and uniform.  I hope they last through the winter and into next year!


Happy Tuesday!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment