Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy 29th, Belmont!

Our very own Mr. Belmont turned 29 this past week!  Yay!  He thinks that's old, but I think it's just right.  We had quite a week of festivities surrounding his special day.  I will include a few pictures along the way so that you can enjoy the fun times we had.

Tuesday, he and I went to Algonquin for a delicious dinner date.  They still had the Chicken Caprese on the summer menu, so that is clearly what I got.  (Life-changing I tell you!)  It was a perfect evening of mosquito-free, gorgeous weather!  And he got special treatment from the servers because it was his birthday.  :)

Wednesday night was D-Group night (on his actual birthday!), so we weren't able to do anything... although the youth group kids sang to him twice!  (He was a little embarrassed.)  But we received Ratatouille from my parents for his birthday, so we watched that.  We also had Hamburger Helper for supper (his choice...), chocolate chip cookies, and Sour Patch Kids.  It was a happy day for our taste buds.  After D-Groups, we came home and played When Belmont Met Kami, a Monopoly game that I made him for his 27th birthday while we were dating.  I think we've played it for three years straight!  It was really fun-- and the birthday boy won all of the Monopoly money.  Fitting!

Ratatouille-- in Spanish and English!
We each got our own version.  :) 


Game night for the Belmonts!


 The handsome birthday boy and the woman he loves


Game pieces, cards, and our markers.
I'm the ladybug and he's the race car.
It says "28" on it... that's SO last year... 


The game board... it's pretty awesome!
(Each space has something to do with our lives.) 


Property cards.  Can you read them?


"Girl, please.  You think you can beat this?!"


Thursday night, we celebrated with his family.  We had an Asian-themed supper and enjoyed good company.  His mother's birthday was on Sunday, so it was sort of a joint party.  He got a beautiful new shirt from his parents which keeps him looking very dashing in his old age.  :)

Friday night, we relaxed after a long week and began preparations for Saturday's birthday extravaganza.  He finally agreed to let me have a party for him this year!  We had a lot of friends and family over to our house on Saturday, and it was a really good time!  He and I made pulled pork (Jones-style), baked beans, and golf-ball-shaped cake pops.  They turned out pretty well!

A far-away look at the four tables...
You can barely see the centerpieces. 



A flowery golf centerpiece-- with limes!


A centerpiece with a golf flag


Its green counterpart


I re-decorated the bulletin board 
for the birthday boy! 


 A golf ball cake pop arrangement for dessert


A close-up view of the ball details


 Appetizers inspired by Algonquin


Drinks & decor


All-in-all, it was a great birthday celebration.  We saw friends that we hadn't seen in a while and got a chance to hang out with some of our favorite people.  Now I feel like I am married to a very distinguished, old gentleman!  Twenty-nine is going to be a good year.  :)

On Sunday, we celebrated his mom's birthday with homemade pizzas and a movie night.  The pizzas were fabulous.  It was a nice way to end the weekend and relax before a busy week ahead.  This week in Spanish class, we are playing Jeopardy! and taking our first test.  And I am reminded of one incredibly important reason that I loved teaching college kids-- I was not allowed to talk to the parents!  It was awesome.  I have definitely been getting some frustrated messages from parental figures and am getting discouraged.  The frustrated ones like to blame me for their children's performance in my class.  The ones whose children study and take my class seriously thank me for expecting results from their kids.  You just can't win.  Please pray for my attitude because I am in the dumps right now.  I feel like sending Belmont into bars to beat up parents like Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life...

Tomorrow and Friday are big test days... and then I'm heading out of town to visit my sister(s)!  And my mom!  We are having a "Farm Market Swap" at Dusty's house and it's going to be so fun!  I still haven't made my "swapping" items, but I think I'll do that tomorrow.  :)

I hope you are all having a great week!  Thanks for reading this silly blog.  I hope you enjoyed the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment