Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I am a terrible sister. I forgot to send out valentines to my family! (With the exception of Eldon, who got a book about Valentine's Day in Spanish. Because he's bilingual.) When it suddenly hit me yesterday that Valentine's had snuck up on me this year, I was talking to Annie on Skype. She said I could write her a personalized Valentine's Day blog entry. And that is just what I'm doing. (If you aren't looking at the actual blog page, you should. It's been updated with hearts! The design is actually called "Suzie Zoo," which is funny because I used to get Annie "Suzy's Zoo" onesies all the time when she was a baby.)
Sadly my computer is not full of pictures of Annie as a baby. Those are all at home. BUT I do have lots of pictures from her more recent years, and I am going to do a photo journal for Valentine's Day. I tried to keep them relatively in order, but I can't say for sure.
Here is Annie Blue at Dusty's birthday partyin our St. Louis house in 2006. Isn't she cute?
Another flashback to the St. Louis days...Here we are taking (multiple) pictures
of ourselves which watching a Cary Grant flick.
We are clearly much more interesting!
Another one of our photo shoots at the STL house.We were famous for these.
[One of my favorites.]Annie and two of my best friends from university
on my 20th birthday... I feel old!! :)
Little Annie, playing with my shoes and lookinglike Steve Erkel in our almost empty house.
Here is Annie on the Etch-a-Sketchon our first family visit to Illinois
before the family moved for Pop's job!
Annie at one of our famed Midsummer's Day parties.Dusty will have to explain the tradition...
Here is a sidewalk drawing I did for Annie and Iwhen my parents went to Scotland for their 25th
wedding anniversary-- 5 years ago!!
Cowgirl Annie on her trusty steed, V'rano.She wanted to rename him, but I told her that
it sounded like the Spanish word for "summer."
Here is Annie and her bow-and-arrow duringone of our missions trips to Cherokee, NC.
Check out those wilderness skills!
Annie's close-up from our family photo shoot.Pretty girl.
A back-seat picture from our travels throughoutthe South one summer... coloring between her brothers.
A picture that Annie *always* tried to sneak intobeing my cell phone background. Nice 'stache!
Annie's prayer for world peace at a Thanksgivingcelebration with my friends from Germany.
Excited about Christmas trees!!
Hanging out on a vacation to visit the fam in IL!
Annie gets glasses! Doesn't she look old??
Annie shooting left-handed with her pink Red Ryder.
Annie with our beloved puppy, Indianafor a Thanksgiving Day feast!
Picking out the Jones Christmas tree withour future brother-in-law, Will.
Annie as an angel in town parade.We both like crooked glasses...
The Jones girls at Dusty's wedding shower in TN.
Annie with Grandpa, sporting her new haircut!
Annie Blue Jones on her 10th birthday! :)
Annie with Belmont and I. She is crazy about him.I think it runs in the family...!
The Jones sisters once again--this time at MY wedding shower!
The whole Jones family at our rehearsal dinner...What a sweet little bridesmaid standing beside me!
Annie getting her nails done before the ceremony.
This one's for you, Ann. Enjoy! :)
My cute little co-host for Dusty's baby shower.
Aunt Zuzu and Baby Eldon
Annie with me on my graduation dayAnnie Blue is the awesomest little sister I know. Can't you tell from these pics?? She is a sweet friend, a wonderful aunt, the best little bridesmaid, and a pro at taking pics of herself. (Might be something she got from her older sister...) She is very smart, enjoys reading, loves Jesus, and is a great song-writer. (Also something we like to do together!) She's great at harmonizing to Damien Rice songs on the piano, she's good at listening to silly stories, and is quite an exercise coach when you are trying to lose weight for your wedding. And all of this in one cute little red-headed package! (Hmm.... are we starting to see a trend of similarities?? Haha!)
Annie Blue, I hope you have a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day!
I love you and I miss you. I hope you forgive me for not sending you chocolates. :)
Happy V-Day! (P. S. Hi to Dylan!)
Annie Blue, I hope you have a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day!
I love you and I miss you. I hope you forgive me for not sending you chocolates. :)
Happy V-Day! (P. S. Hi to Dylan!)
No comments:
Post a Comment