Anyway, our Valentine's Day was just wonderful. I came home from work around 3:30 and vented to him about my day, and then we got in the car and headed for a surprise destination. I had no idea where we were going until we got to the parking lot of my favorite nail salon! Couple's pedicures! We had a fun time and watched Ellen's talk show while we were getting pampered. My toes are bright red for V-Day and they are so cute. I love cute piggies! Belmont's are not painted, but they are nice and primped.
After the nail salon, we came back home and he made a surprise dinner while I straightened the house and wrapped his silly presents. I didn't get him anything serious, but I told him the presents represented a future date night for us. (I'll get to the present opening later.) He got us a delicious Pinot Grigio sausage (I usually don't like cold sausages, but I ate almost this whole thing!) and we ate it with water crackers and some chocolates, paired with red wine for our appetizer. After that, we had a delicious dinner which was composed of New York strip steaks with a red wine sauce, rice, and steamed green beans. Then we opened presents. He got me some beautiful earrings to match a pearl necklace that I have. I can't wait to wear them together!
I got him a set of three presents. The first two were hints for the third one. He opened a box of spaghetti and then a bottle of pasta sauce. He knew it was a DVD, but couldn't guess. Can you...???
I told him it was for us together... and for our kids someday.
Still thinking...??? I got him Lady and the Tramp! It just came out of the Disney vault! I am so excited. Love that movie! And it's about romance, so perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm looking forward to a movie night soon. We also had a chocolate brownie/mousse cake afterwards. Yum!! He did a mighty fine job romancing his lady with his culinary talents. He also set the table with a dozen red roses and candles. Sweet boy. :)
Later we watched some Modern Family and just chilled after a long day at work. We both swore off schoolwork for the rest of the day, so we didn't read a single book or do any lesson planning. Yay for relaxation! (That decision, however, was a little bit re-thought this a.m. when I got to work and basically was winging it all morning. I didn't even know some of the new vocab words the kids had learned and I had to just pretend. It was by the skin of my teeth! But I think I did well. Haha!) Anyway, we watched a Valentine's Day episode and were dying laughing. Hilarious. :)
Today it was back to work (as I mentioned...) and I taught both classes and then came home. My friend Leah and I planned a Valentine's Day party for our 7th- and 8th-grade girls. I went to Target and got some supplies and then came home and started the preparations. My sweet hubby brought some beautiful linens home so that we could have a lady-like table setting and it was the perfect touch! I made some pretzel treats from window pretzels, Hershey hugs, and M&Ms. (You melt the hugs on the pretzels and then press an M&M into the melted top and freeze them. Delish!)
I also made some truffles, got Zebra Cakes, chips, M&Ms, pretzels, and other candies and used quite a few of our wedding entertaining pieces to set a beautiful red and white table--
with my red roses from Belmont in the center!
Here are a couple of pictures:
Here is a full table shot. Doesn't it look festive?? :)
Here is a close up. The roses are lovely, no?You can see the Zebra Cake platter in the background
and some of the cute goodie bags Leah made.
I think the girls had a good time. We had eleven total (and then Leah and I). There were many more girls than usually come on Wednesday nights, but I'm glad they all came! We have been talking about prayer and our identity in Christ (and what it means to pray because of that identity and what that means for how we should pray, etc.) and so tonight we had a special talk about our identity in Christ and what that means for praying for the men we are to marry. Leah and I talked about praying for our future husbands, and then how we met Jonathan and Belmont. The girls had lots of cute questions. Haha! And then we went around and talked about their ideas of an ideal husband and reminded them of the importance of entrusting their hearts to God in the process of waiting. We also talked about potentially not getting married and how that is often in God's plan as well. We prayed for a while and answered the relationship questions that they were willing to ask. Girls at that age are so funny. :)
Well, I should probably get off of here and hang out with my husband. He's playing poker on his phone and singing Frank Sinatra. I think he needs a hug because his tummy hurts. Too much pizza after our INSANITY workout today. Which, by the way, went pretty well! I think we are getting in shape. :)
Happy 15th! My family is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
Keep me in your prayers as the hubby is away all weekend. :/
Annie, I'll see you tomorrow! I know you're reading this. :)
Love you!!
Well, I should probably get off of here and hang out with my husband. He's playing poker on his phone and singing Frank Sinatra. I think he needs a hug because his tummy hurts. Too much pizza after our INSANITY workout today. Which, by the way, went pretty well! I think we are getting in shape. :)
Happy 15th! My family is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
Keep me in your prayers as the hubby is away all weekend. :/
Annie, I'll see you tomorrow! I know you're reading this. :)
Love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment