We have gotten a lot accomplished over the past few weeks, but still have a few things to do. My mom, as I mentioned earlier, was incredibly helpful while I was at home for the holiday, and I can't wait for my family to come visit the week before the wedding and help me set up house! (That is, my family will be visiting, but my mom will most likely do the helping. My dad is gearing up for his third summer of doctoral classes... soon to be a Rev. Dr.) We have gotten so many beautiful gifts lately for our new home!! What a blessing to have such generous friends and family!
Speaking of which, today is another "thank you card" day!
Belmont is playing poker with his youth group guys and I am at home relaxing like it says in the title. I so rarely allow myself to do that. (Going back and forth to visit each other between our houses feels like a full-time job! A full-time job, that is, that requires a full-time paycheck for gasoline! Can't wait 'til we are in the same location and not driving back and forth!) With all that driving, I usually have maybe 1-2 hours in the afternoon to myself and then I am off to visit him or have dinner or go to the Muny, etc. This afternoon I looked at my clock and realized I had the whole day to myself! I have been lounging, reading, getting ready to cook something delicious, checking out a new magazine, and thinking of watching a movie. This is the life! Especially since I know Belmont is having fun and getting in some much-needed guy time. :)
Just so I feel accomplished, I will provide you with a list of things we have accomplished lately... and not focus on the yet-to-do list:
- Stephanie and I have been collaborating quite a bit this week on my gorgeous wedding dress! She has such skill and patience! We have the majority of it done and she is going to work on the finishing touches, calling me soon for a "final" fitting (or two). It is just perfect!
- I got the flowers for the bouquets this week and am preparing to assemble them. (I may actually wait until my mom gets here to assemble them, for her creative expertise and moral support.) The other flowers (boutonnieres and corsages) need to be ordered. My future mother-in-law, however, ordered two arrangements for the sanctuary. Can't wait to see them!
- I ordered my "something blue" online! I am trying to procure "something borrowed," but there are lots of options and I just can't decide what I want to borrow!
- My uncle sent my grandmother's necklace FedEx to my parents' house. They are going to bring it for the wedding when they come. :)
- I am almost up-to-date on thank you cards, minus the gifts we have received in the past week. I also bought some new cards at Target today-- a 50 pack! Who knew there was such a thing?
- I ordered (and received!) the paper to print the programs! I am so excited with how it turned out, especially since I ordered it online without seeing a picture. My customer service representative, Tom, was incredibly helpful and maintained e-mail contact with me, describing the various papers and price estimates-- and even suggested a less expensive paper of the same quality! Excellent! Check out Anchor Paper Company for any bulk paper needs (especially of unusual sizes!) They are fast and professional-- and you won't be disappointed! :)
- I procured a cellist for the ceremony!
Thanks, Dan Winfield! - Belmont is in contact with Algonquin about the reception menu. He even scheduled an appointment today and wrote it on the calendar! My little "P" is flexing his "J" muscle! (This comment will only be understood by Myers-Briggs fanatics, like myself.) I'm so proud! :)
- I met with our wedding coordinator from the church! She seems so on-top of things and had a list of questions to figure out every detail of the ceremony. I'm so glad to have her to help on the rehearsal and the BIG DAY!
- Our passports came in! And they have cleverly-designed covers that I made so that we don't lose them! You can ask Belmont. His is very masculine. An antique map!
- I have started taking unneeded boxes to the youth house to move-in a little at a time so that I am not overwhelmed! Currently I have moved my recipe books and my DVDs, along with some precious owl collectibles that are bubble-wrapped and waiting for a place in our new home. My mom can help me with that when she visits. :)
- I have been exercising (now and then)! Haha! If you know me, then you know this is like pigs flying. Annie held me to our exercise pact while I was home, and I am planning to continue with the workout DVD before the wedding. Otherwise, if I stress eat, my dress won't fit! No good! Jen and I are planning to attend her aqua zumba class together next week, too. I feel like this workout is going to be killer!
- I have been reading lots of recommended marriage books, and so has Belmont. He is reading Each for the Other, and I have been reading a variety of books that people have loaned me, given to me, or recommended. I learn a lot by reading and like to read lots of been-there, done-that advice. I think these books are really helping me get a better grasp (than I would otherwise have had) on what to expect when we get married. The Mystery of Marriage by Mike Mason has been excellent, as has Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. I still need to work on finishing Hold Me Tight (which my dad is also reading for a class, incidentally). I just got Sheet Music in the mail from Amazon, but am only allowed to read certain chapters before the honeymoon, according to the author. It was highly recommended by friends and our counselor. Can't wait to finish reading some of these on the beach in Mexico, sipping lemonade, and listening to the waves! Talk about relaxation! :)
We still have plenty of things on the yet-to-do list, but it is gradually getting smaller. In 18 days, we will be married and not thinking any more about RSVPs or moving or tie colors. It is going to be grand!
Time for supper and some thank you cards. Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment