Last night to celebrate New Year's Eve, we had a few friends over for a murder mystery party. We planned to countdown to 2015 with the 11:00 p.m. ball drop, but the party ended around 10:30. We are starting to realize that we are getting old! Ha! We had delicious appetizers and enjoyed figuring out the mystery. I can't tell you "whodunnit" (since some of you reading this blog are planning to use the game to have your own murder mystery party), but I can tell you that it was not who we had been expecting! We have a friend who has been the killer for two years running, and that person was absolved of their killing streak last night.
Don't we look guilty? It was a 1950s theme party.
Belmont's hair was hilarious and he had a cigarette
behind one ear just for fun. Dave's sideburns were
attached to his glasses, so when he put them on top
of his head, the sideburns looked like puppy ears. Ha!
A suspicious Russian scientist and a blonde divorcee
A young hula hooping queen dreaming of becoming
a television starlet and a Rock 'n' Roll star
A young hula hooping queen dreaming of becoming
a television starlet and a Rock 'n' Roll star
Miss Kansas City (the fiancee) and Johnny Angel,
a mechanic with an affinity for '57 Chevys
Here are a few pics of the evening as we tried to solve the crime. Many thanks to the Johnsons for all of these photos!
We had such a fun time (despite the slightly far-fetched ending of our crime story) and are already planning the next murder.... I mean, umm, murder mystery party.
This afternoon, we are planning to go see Unbroken with Belmont's parents. Yesterday, he and I went to see Into the Woods as a fun afternoon outing with a theatre gift card that we had. (It was a really good adaptation, but I had forgotten how weird the story was and how unsatisfied I was with the ending.) I have not read the book Unbroken, so I will be in for a surprise! It is nice to have the day off and enjoy spending time together. :)
I hope you all enjoyed a lovely New Year's Eve. Happy 2015!








No comments:
Post a Comment