Saturday, April 12, 2014

Three months later...

Wow... January 2nd??  It has apparently been over three months since I logged on for an update.  I am almost certain that no one keeps up with this blog as a life-line of knowing how the Belmont family is doing.  If they did, it would be a hopeless situation!  At least being a faithful blogger was not a New Year's resolution of mine.  :)

Let's think... a lot has happened in three months!  For one thing:  WE HAVE A NEW NEPHEW!  (Okay, I really am a terrible blogger!)  Baby Graham was born on February 19th-- the day after my brother's birthday.  (He was a little bit perturbed that my sister was unable to speed things up a little and make sure that he had a new nephew for his birthday.)  We were able to see him shortly after he was born, and he is absolutely precious.  His measurements were the exact same as his older brother!  They look a lot alike, too.  Eldon is having fun being a big brother, and it's sweet to see him take on a new role. 


Here he is on our first visit to see him.


 Tía holding Baby "Teddy" Graham


 This is a more recent picture.
Isn't he precious??  What big eyes!


For Spring break, we got to spend time with both of our families.  We first went to celebrate Belmont's grandfather's 93rd birthday with his family.  I was so glad that we got to be there to celebrate!  It was nice to see them and visit with his uncles, aunts, and cousins as well.  After that, I went to Tennessee with my parents and my little sister to visit my grandparents and extended family.  It was such a nice time!  It was good to see my parents and Annie AND see our TN family as well.  I also got to spend time with some sweet friends while I was there, which was an added blessing.  So thankful for long-lasting friendships! 

In March, I turned a year older.  Happy birthday to me!  My sweet hubby surprised me with a set of professional-grade pots and pans that I've had my eye on since Christmas.  (I didn't even know that he knew I wanted them!)  They are so lovely!  I got lots of phone calls and sweet cards in the mail all week long.  My in-laws had everyone to brunch that weekend to celebrate, and my brothers came over as a surprise for lunch to see me on my actual birthday.  It was a great birthday overall-- complete with two cakes!  Funfetti and a chocolate/vanilla ensemble.  I wish my family could have been in town to celebrate!  It's strange to get older and not have a special birthday supper fixed by your mom.  :)


John and Calen brought me a homemade Funfetti cake!

 
 Then they decided to eat it... for real.
(Calen is actually licking it in this picture.)


I forgot to mention the most expensive birthday present I've ever gotten... A HOUSE!!  Okay, it wasn't really for my birthday, but we did close on the house a few days prior.  Haha!  We will not move in for a while, as we are doing a few updates first.  We jumped into home-ownership with great gusto and have been working hard to demolish our outdated kitchen.  Belmont's dad has been so much help in that department!  My brothers also came over today to do some manual labor.  Many thanks to all of them!  My mother-in-law is a professional designer and has been invaluable in this entire process as well.  I can't wait to start picking out paint colors, etc., once the demo work is done!  Hopefully we will be having a lovely house-warming party to celebrate!  My family is coming in town in June, and we are hoping for all of the work to be done by the time they come to visit.  If not, it won't be for lack of trying!  :)

 Feeling like real adults!  What a day!


 This angle shows the house a little better.


FLASH FORWARD A FEW WEEKS:
 Here we are this morning.  Belmont & his dad
are evacuating the last of the cabinets.


 Check out that wall!  It was originally wall-to-wall tile.
Yikes!  It has been very difficult getting it off the walls,
but I think we will be so pleased when we are finished!
(This was a rare moment when John was on his phone.
He was working so hard for hours!)


Calen also came to help out!  He wound up taking that
wood beam out before he asked, "Wait... you weren't
leaving that wood piece there for anything, were you?"
Haha!  Thankfully, no.  :)


We were so pleased with how much work we got done today!  Afterwards, we treated ourselves to an evening at the golf course and dinner after that.  It was such a gorgeous Spring day, and we thoroughly enjoyed our time outside.  

Now I think it is time for bed.  It's Palm Sunday tomorrow!  The little kids always come down the center aisle waving palm branches and singing, "Hosanna!" to celebrate Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem.  It is such a sweet morning of celebration and singing!  Looking forward to Easter next week and celebrating Christ's resurrection!

Good night, all!  Maybe you'll hear from me again in another three months.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment