Happy New Year from the Belmonts! We had such a great Christmas break, enjoying time with both of our families. Now it is January and almost time for me to go back to work. We were both off work yesterday for New Year's Day, so we have been watching real estate and house remodeling shows on HGTV and getting lots of ideas. The house that we were looking at (which we hoped to visit this month) is no longer on the market, so we might not be going anywhere any time soon. Oh well! We still have fun dreaming. :)
I cannot believe it's 2014! We were talking the other day about years that we remember. I definitely remember writing "1994" on the dates of some of my school paper headers when I was little. That was 20 years ago!! Unbelievable. (Also unbelievable = this year is my 10 year high school reunion. Ack!)
We spent New Year's Eve with friends at a murder mystery dinner. We were not the murderers! (Whew!) It was Italian-themed (with a couple of French characters), so we all tried our hand at some terrible accents and had a lot of laughs. Although Belmont was the only Italian in the group, he decided after a few lines that it was impossible for him to do an Italian accent. Subsequently, his character became German. His accent was the favorite of the night. :)
We are all getting so old these days that we decided to toast New Year's at 11:00 p.m. (to coincide with the NYC ball drop). Our friend Suzanne's boss gave her some Dom Perignon from 1992, so we used that for the toast. Probably the most expensive champagne I will ever drink!! It was good for champagne, but I think I still prefer sparkling grape juice. Ha! Good thing we didn't develop a love for it. We would soon be in the poor house!
Speaking of the poor house, we are hoping to be poor and thin soon! Well, poor... but also rich? We have started a new incentive plan for ourselves (which is only working for me because we are both doing it together). We have been talking a lot about working out and being more healthy over the past few months, but we haven't really made very many concrete steps (especially since there is so much Christmas candy lying around our house). Yesterday, however, we decided that we are starting an exercise fund. Every time that one of us works out, we are putting $1 in a jar. So far (on January 2nd) we already have two dollars! We haven't decided yet what we are saving for, but the fact that we are both working toward something together makes it much more fun. :)
Well, I guess I will finish this episode of HGTV and then get something done around the house. I had a few errands to run today, but Belmont said he wanted me to stay home unless it is an emergency. Apparently, the roads are pretty bad with the snow that fell last night! Here's to hoping there's more snow this Monday... I could only hope to start the year off with a snow day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment