https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFSSwisAM8
This past month has been a whirlwind. I can't believe we are back into a full-fledged fall schedule! Discipleship groups are starting up in a week or so; our Sunday Night Fellowship will be starting soon; and work for both of us is pretty crazy. We will have to make it through at least September before things slow down for Belmont's job. Things definitely seem to come and go in seasons!
We celebrated our two-year anniversary this month!! I can't believe it has been two years, but I can tell you that it's been a wonderful journey.
This is a sweet picture of the ceremony
taken by my friend, Jenna.
This year was our cotton anniversary, so I made Belmont a quilt from some of his old t-shirts (as well as a few of mine). It turned out so well! Okay, well, the top of it did. I haven't exactly finished making it into a quilt yet, but maybe that will be done by his birthday. :)
My sister, in celebration, sent us two hand-sewn pillowcases. I love them! Such a sweet "cotton" gift, and definitely better stitch work than I would have managed! Thanks, Dusty! The Belmont Hotel is now well-stocked for future guests!
Personalized pillow cases to match the guest room colors
In other news, our nephews are cuter than ever. I can't believe one of them is almost two years old!! He is going to be having a Pooh party, since Pooh is all he wants to talk about these days. I talked to Dusty on the phone tonight and he was in the background talking about Pooh. Apparently he has learned "Rabbit" and "Eeyore" as well, but puts Eeyore's name backward and calls him "Yorree." Haha! So adorable. Can't wait to celebrate Pooh-style!
Happy boy! Our sweet 7 month old nephew
Eldon with Nani and Papa
Lastly, in other exciting news, a soon-to-be Eagle Scout will be building a fire pit and patio in our back yard tomorrow for his Eagle Scout project. I can't wait to see how it turns out!! In order to get the city permits to do so, quite a bit of brush had to be cleared out from around the garage. It was part of the project, so we were certainly not complaining when we came home and found our back yard looking better than ever! Hopefully more pics of the project to come soon!
Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to relax. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment