Can this be possible??
I am writing to update you on the fire pit project! The crew has been outside working all day. They are almost finished, and will be back this week for some finishing touches. It looks great so far! The Eagle Scout who dreamed up this project will be the youngest in the area. He's such a great kid!
Here is the almost-completed fire pit.
See the two picnic tables in the background?
They are 2 of 3 made by another Eagle Scout
from a previous youth group generation!
While they have been outside doing all this manual labor, I stayed indoors (and away from the mosquitoes). First I had to go shopping to Hobby Lobby (and then to four other stores nearby) to find some colored plates and napkins that would match the decorations for our All Women's Sunday School tomorrow. (All the women in the church get together once a year-- while all the men also get together.) I was on the committee to help plan the itinerary and decor. I finally found reasonably priced tableware at Wal-Mart. So glad... it was about half the price there for the same plates that the other stores had! There will be a (hilarious) skit tomorrow, along with breakfast, two testimonies of God's work in the lives of the women in our church, and then sign-ups and announcements about this year's WIC events. Excited! :)
I also picked up a "sprig" of (fake) berries for a sign that I want to make for our door while at Hobby Lobby. I had gotten a sprig of (fake) lemons on a previous trip, but summer is almost over! Can't have lemons on the door, no matter how cute they are. Berries it is. (They are a hybrid of Thanksgiving-era berries and Christmas-y berries. I think I can use them for fall and winter! We'll see if anyone corrects that when they come over and see our front door. That's always a possibility!)
When I got home, I got my lesson plan for next week mostly nailed down. I am so glad for Pinterest! I had pinned a few ideas last year that I was never able to use, but they are perfect for this week's lesson. Thanks, past Mrs. Belmont! Present Mrs. Belmont thanks you. After the lesson planning, I made some homemade cards. A co-worker of mine covered one of my afternoon assignments for me when I had a doctor's appt. this past week. As a thank you, I created these cards to stick in her mailbox. I made a monogram on Word (which took quite a bit of tweaking before it printed correctly), and then used some scrapbook paper I had downstairs in my craft drawers. I really like how they turned out! I hope she enjoys using them. :)
Here is the finished set. You can only see the top card,
but that is the general look of them. There are 12 total,
with 3 each of 4 designs & matching blue monograms.
I went to the grocery store later in the afternoon, because my hubby requested salad for dinner. That happens once about every two years, so I jumped at the chance!! I went straight out the door and got the necessary supplies. He made some marinated chicken to go on top, and our taste buds were delighted! Before dinner, however, I recycled some materials that I had on hand, and made a gift for my mom. I can't write about it here, since she reads the blog, but the gift is looking pretty awesome. Hope she likes it! :)
After dinner we played Yahtzee, took a look at the fire pit before the crew left for the day, and now I am blogging. It's been such a relaxing, yet productive, day! I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely Saturday. More pics to come of the finished fire pit!
Who knows, maybe there will be three or four blog entries this month! It's getting crazy around here...
P. S. Cindy, I also got a frame for the sweet picture that you gave us the other day from Rick's photo session. It looks great! Thanks again! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment