This weekend we celebrated my friend Stephanie's new baby boy. Her sister came in town from Iowa and we co-hosted the shower. It was such fun! I have never really co-hosted a shower, so it was fun to get another person's input and ideas. We had a great time, and it was good to see some friends of mine from college. The theme was "under-the-sea," since that is the nursery motif. The girls came over a little early to help set up, and Stephanie's two-year-old daughter was here. She kept grabbing the cheese from the cheese platter and offering some to Lexi. Finally, Lexi said, "No thanks. We'll have food at the shower." Olivia looked at her like she was crazy and replied, "What?! You can't eat food in the shower!!" It was so funny. I can't wait until Eldon gets that age and begins to start expressing himself. I have a feeling that he's going to be hilarious. He's already so much fun!
Here are a few pictures of the shower:
The "welcome" board... I ran out of green paper,
so I had to add some coral. Haha!
Beach cupcakes!
I chopped up animal crackers for the sand.
This picture is sideways, but these treats are so yummy!
The broccoli is supposed to be anemone, but
Chrissy thought it was an island. Haha!
The spread. Like the tissue balls?
I made them!
Nutter Butter sandals. Lexi's idea!
Goldfish... obviously!
Crab croissants... these were my fave!
Sea weed streamers, fruit punch, and the cutest ice bucket
The overall look... so cute!
I was proud of us!
I was proud of us!
This was the bedding... loved it!
Lexi made canvas art to go with it. Adorable!
Later that night, I hosted another shower for my friend Leah. We went to The Melting Pot with a group of girls. It was delicious! It is a fondue restaurant, and we had CHOCOLATE. Lots of different flavors and things to dip. Belmont has a fondue pot, but we've never used it! I always get inspired to try when I go to The Melting Pot. However, it leaves your clothes smelling really gross. I never smell it when I'm there, but when you leave there is a strange oil smell that reeks. Laundry time!
Well, I think it's time for bed. Glad for a morning to sleep in! Tuesday mornings are my favorites! I am really glad to have my hubby back home so that I can fall asleep. I have not been sleeping well with him away! He said he didn't sleep well this weekend either. I think he loves me. :)
Hope you are having a great week! Enjoy this weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment