We are on DAY TWO of snow days here at the Belmont house. We have been enjoying our fireplace room: watching TV, having fires, reading, crafting, and relaxing. I have been cutting out pieces for Eldon's Advent calendar, although I have been unable to sew them because I misplaced my embroidery floss. I have five new ornaments to sew! I have also been on Pinterest quite a bit searching for birthday ideas for my sister. The big 3-0! She is having a "county fair" themed party in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! Belmont has been working on school work, playing games on his Kindle, and looking for fun houses in the area (although we aren't planning to move). Enjoying the snow! :)
This afternoon, we are going to a home and garden show with his parents. There will be home improvement ideas, gardening techniques, etc.! It seems kind of funny to talk about gardens when there is six inches of snow and ice on the ground, but it will be great to get ideas for the Spring. We have also been talking about some minor home improvements that we want to work on this summer. Painting / sprucing up the kitchen cabinets? Painting some trim? Repainting our bedroom? We'll see!
Well, it's time for lunch and Cheers with my man.
Happy snow day extravaganza 2013! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment