Monday, April 9, 2012

Creativity Squared

We have been quite creative lately in the Belmont household! Easter Break has provided many opportunities for bright ideas and the checking off of to-do lists. We are currently watching Planet Earth on Blu-Ray and getting our "learn" on. However, I thought you all might want a glimpse into our activities of late! In order of appearance, you will see (1) my cupcake decorating prowess, (2) an evening of Easter egg dyeing, and (3) homemade pasta! Get excited.


My family sent me a set of icing tips for icing cupcakes, etc.
Chrissy came over the other day and we put them to use!
Aren't these awesome!! AND this was our first try!

__________________________________________



Here is Belmont, about to dye Easter eggs!
This is one of my favorite Easter traditions.


Yay, Easter eggs!


My six eggs. Aren't they snazzy??


Belmont's six eggs. He likes solid colors. :)


He wrote a heart and "I LOVE Kami" on his eggs.
Isn't he adorable?? :)

__________________________________________



Next on the list? HOMEMADE PASTA!
Here is my friend Nika demonstrating Step 1.


Step 2: Mix with a fork until eggs are absorbed.


Step 3: Knead by hand.


Steph 4: Run through the pasta machine.
Dusty lent me hers and it's awesome!
Made in Italy, too, so you know it's good. :)


Here is Nika passing the dough through the roller.


Followed by more sections of dough...


... which turn into noodles!


The noodles turned into a perfect pasta dish!


Naturally, when I described the process
to my Italian husband, he wanted to join in!
We made another batch for supper!


Our freshly-made noodles!


"Kiss me! I'm Italian!"
(Don't mind if I do!)


Yay! We made pasta! I look sleepy!


I hope you have enjoyed this silly post. We enjoyed all the craftiness-- including some hand-made cards which were not pictured. Enjoy this beautiful week and look forward to the garden pictures which should be coming soon! :)

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Saw some pretty white eggs there Easter eggers! Where are your brown eggs?? :) I loved the cupcakes!! Hopefully I can copy and do as well. :)

    ReplyDelete