We have been hard at work lately on our plans for a garden this summer. I got online and ordered our seeds last night and cannot wait until they come in! We ordered carrots, beans, peas, lettuce(s), cucumbers, spinach, onions, broccoli, corn, and a few types of flowers! One of the flower varieties attracts butterflies and birds. Another variety that we ordered attracts good bugs to our garden like ladybugs! I am so excited. I think I am equally excited about the veggies and the flowers. One is delicious and cost-effective... and the other is beautiful. I love flowers!
I finally met our chickens, Henny and Penny, the other day! We are turning into regular farmers! They love to spend time with their friends (who have no names). Henny is a little more yellow on her back, but Penny looks more like me with her red hair. Can't wait until they start laying fresh eggs for us! :)
In other news, I have turned into an old lady since the last time that I posted. My birthday was March 30th and I am now 26. I can feel the wrinkles setting in! Thank you all for the sweet gifts and cards that you sent! My birthday was a great day of relaxing with the hubby. I worked that morning and then came home to an afternoon of Downton Abbey: Season 2. We watched it until it was almost time for us to go to dinner at Algonquin. Love that place! Delicious! We were served by Jackie, our favorite waitress, who was our waitress the very first time that we went to Algonquin-- coincidentally, also on my birthday! She is the best server ever and always knows what we want to eat. She is also incredibly happy and makes dinner a great experience. Thanks, Jackie! After dinner, we came home and watched more Downton Abbey. It was nice to relax... AND find out the culminations of the exciting love interests from the season finale!! I cannot wait until Season 3! Belmont said that we need to watch the first two seasons again before Season 3 comes out-- he is hopelessly in love with this show! :)
(Belmont originally had on a sport coat.)
Here are the flowers he brought me for my birthday.A day before my birthday, I also had something very blog-worthy happen. THE BEANS CAME IN TOWN FOR A SPRING BREAK VISIT! We went to the zoo and I got a sunburn, but it was worth it! I love those kids. It made me so happy to see them again and know that they remember me. And I also got a chance to catch up with Dawson and Shanna! What a great time with friends!
like penguins on the rock structure at the entrance.
bribing her with the possibility of
taking her own picture with my camera.
(I think Mary Beth took this one!)
This weekend, after my birthday, we went to Illinois to visit Belmont's family for a March birthday celebration. What fun! We began the trip with a shooting venture with Uncle Michael. Belmont brought his .22 and his BB gun, and Uncle Michael brought his 9mm and a rifle. We shot out on the family farm at a log. I was much better with the rifle than I was with the handguns. I just have never had a handgun skill. Oh well. I think the rifle is much more powerful. :)
Here I am with the rifle. Watch out!
Here is Belmont shooting at the swinging log
if you can see it in the background past the target.
Here he is shooting his pistol.
My picture is not being posted
because I don't look as cool. :)
Here I am with the rifle. Watch out!
Here is Belmont shooting at the swinging logif you can see it in the background past the target.
Here he is shooting his pistol.My picture is not being posted
because I don't look as cool. :)
We enjoyed getting to spend time with his family and celebrate all of the March birthdays. Soon we will have to make a trip on the scooter! I am so excited that Spring (or Summer?) is here! I hope you are all enjoying the weather and having a lovely week!
More to come soon of the "Before" pictures of our garden before we plant...
More to come soon of the "Before" pictures of our garden before we plant...

No comments:
Post a Comment