Monday, November 7, 2011

Yet another month...

Yesterday we celebrated the fact that we have now been married for THREE MONTHS!!


We were not able to eat our wedding cake since we were at church, but we hope to celebrate with our wedding cake as dessert for supper tonight. Three months... wow! Who could believe it!?
Time flies when you're having fun. :)

This weekend, Belmont went with the senior high youth group to a retreat in rural Missouri. They had a lot of fun, but I was lonely. Belmont works with Jonathan (one of the musicians in our wedding) and so they were both gone. I thought it would be a perfect time to study for my final exams, but I was almost too lonely to study. Thankfully, however, Leah was also left by herself so we had a slumber party and felt much better. First we went to a coffee house to study for our classes and then we made supper and were crafty. (Leah has an Etsy shop where she is selling some of her crafts to make money for her and Jonathan while they are in seminary. Check it out! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenTwentyOne?ref=si_shop) It was really nice to spend girl time together and forget our husbandless woes.
Living by myself isn't as fun as it once was. :)

Today on the way to school, I realized that Spotify was available as an Android app. If you don't know about this technology, go to Spotify.com. It is awesome!! Annie-- check with Mom before you download anything, you rascal. :)

Anyway, I downloaded it to my phone and suddenly had access to playing Indelible Grace over my car stereo. I came across a new song that I had never heard before called "I Asked the Lord" and it is absolutely beautiful. I had to bite my lip to keep from crying, but I didn't want my makeup to be a wreck when I was about to teach class. Here are the lyrics. Check out the song on Spotify (or find a demo on iTunes?):

I asked the Lord that I might grow
In faith and love and every grace
Might more of His salvation know
And seek more earnestly His face

'Twas He who taught me thus to pray
And He I trust has answered prayer
But it has been in such a way
As almost drove me to despair

I hoped that in some favored hour
At once He'd answer my request
And by His love's constraining power
Subdue my sins and give me rest

Instead of this He made me feel
The hidden evils of my heart
And let the angry powers of Hell
Assault my soul in every part

Yea more with His own hand He seemed
Intent to aggravate my woe
Crossed all the fair designs I schemed,
Cast out my feelings, laid me low

"Lord why is this?" I trembling, cried.
"Wilt Thou pursue thy worm to death?"
"Tis in this way" The Lord replied
"I answer prayer for grace and faith."

"These inward trials I employ
From self and pride to set thee free
And break thy schemes of earthly joy
That thou mayest seek thy all in me,
That thou mayest seek thy all in me."


Beautiful, no?? (I just looked it up and realized it was written by John Newton-- one of my favorite hymn writers and the author of "Amazing Grace.") Well, Chrissy is here to exercise (you thought I'd never say that...), so I need to go. Time to get our "ideal body" and "focus on ourselves and our workout." (Those are things the lady always says. We almost have it memorized! Ha!)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment