Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

Well, here we are in the middle of the holiday season! I am sitting at our dining room table working on our Christmas cards (so excited!) and Belmont is in the den working on a research paper for his Old Testament class. We just returned last night from visiting my family for Thanksgiving. What fun! All of my siblings (and brother-in-law and baby nephew) were able to join us and it was a DELICIOUS occasion. Here are a few pictures from our trip:

Calen rode with us to my parents' house. The whole way up
he and I did crossword puzzles together. Nerds. :)


Here is a road trip picture of my man and me!


A picture of Dusty and Mom working on our
Thanksgiving dinner. Cute!


Here I am. Belmont took this pic.
One of my new blazers from my mother-in-law!


My brother-in-law, Will, holding our sweet nephew. :)


Aunt Zuzu holding Eldon.
He looks frightened in this pic! :)


Baby Eldon enjoying some tummy time.


The Belmonts celebrate Thanksgiving together!


Uncle Belmont shows Eldon how to hold a golf club.
This kid is going to learn early!




We had a great time visiting with my family and we were even able to do a little Black Friday shopping! We watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie as well and had plenty of time to relax. And slept in every day!! It was a great mini-vacation and we are looking forward to seeing my family again when they come down for my graduation ceremony.

Today it was back-to-the-old-grindstone. Both of us had work, but thankfully I had a light teaching day. Belmont didn't have much work either and we were both home in time to have lunch together! He's been working on his paper almost all day and I have been working on schoolwork and correspondence. It's nice to have a little free time. :)

Thursday we are having a few friends over to watch "Elf" and eat lots of candy in keeping with the movie's theme. Should be fun!! Thanksgiving is over and it is officially time to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music. All the time! My parents got their Christmas tree today and we are hoping to get ours within the next week or so! I got a "Twelve Days of Christmas" ornament set that I am so excited about! (I have been searching for this set since last year when I passed it up.) I also got an Advent calendar from Trader Joe's with chocolate in it for every day leading up to Christmas!

T-minus 3 days until our first chocolate...

Hope you are all having a lovely November. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment