Sunday, July 20, 2014

New England, part 2

I've decided to try a new method.  Since the pics take so long to load, I am just going to try loading them all at once and leave my computer to hang out until they are all ready.  Let's see how this goes!  We left off at Paul Revere's house, so now the adventure continues.  (It worked!  This felt way quicker, since I wasn't waiting for them to load.)

 Sue Pitzer advised us to go here.  DELICIOUS!
We had canolli filled with chocolate mousse.
Dipped in chocolate chips... Wow!


 It was a little hole-in-the-wall Italian bakery, 
but seemed very well-known and loved... and busy!


 Hahahaha!  Enjoy saying this aloud.


 This is John Adams' house, "Peacefield."


 It was a very fitting name for such a lovely haven.


The flowers are just everywhere!


 We could definitely live here.  ;)


 Isn't it lovely?


There was a smaller house to the side of the main house.
Kitchen maybe?  Mother-in-law cottage?  We don't know.


"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flowers?"

 
 Peacefield


 Can you imagine John & Abigail strolling along this path?


 If we had time for the tour, we would probably know
what the older house on the left is.


 More gorgeous flower beds


 A greenhouse, an orchard, and a haystack


 Pumping at the well


These were posted in the tour office.
Good things to keep in mind!  :)


 A lovely grove of trees


 The stables & carriage house


 This quote was posted at the entrance as you left.


Excited to see Peacefield after watching the mini series!

 

I sent you (those of you who are my family members) pictures of the house where we are staying, but I have not yet taken any on my camera.  Last night after dinner, we walked down to the beach and then all around the little town nearby.

 As we walked to the beach, we saw hydrangeas EVERYWHERE.


 A little neighborhood by the beach


 A little harbor


 I was enamored by the clouds reflecting in the water.

 I liked this house a lot!


 Still trying to get Liam to smile for the camera


 This was his first time in the sand!


 Glad to be on vacation!


 Nephew time!


 He liked the sand, but not on his hands.


 Playing on the beach


 Every time he got sand on his hands, he would say,
"Eww... yuck, yuck, yuck."  Reminded me of dad!  :)


Here he is getting sand off his hands.


 Still in love!  :)


 Walking around the town, peeking in shops


Nighttime on the harbor... look at those clouds!



Well, we are just lounging around here!   Belmont and his dad are watching golf.  Cindy and I went up to town and looked around at some shops before lunch.  Tonight we are having something called Marion's Pies for dinner.  Not just dessert pies... mac 'n' cheese pies, chicken pot pies... everything you can imagine!  I'm excited!  It's apparently a tradition.

We miss you and hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment