Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Today (err... yesterday) we celebrate(d)...

... our 7 month anniversary! We have been married for 7 months and 1 day! Whoa! That is craziness. We were talking last night about my blog entry and I realized that I forgot to mention our anniversary in my list of calendar events! Sorry for all my slacking lately...


In the picture above, we are celebrating our marriage at our wedding reception with dear friends, Alex and Holly. During our trip through the South, we are planning to visit them in South Carolina! We are so excited! Alex played guitar and sang at our wedding. And Holly was just all-around awesome in the months and days leading up to our matrimony. It will be so good to catch up and hang out with these two! We are also planning to see the Lyle family in another city in South Carolina, but will be staying with them for a shorter amount of time as they have welcomed a newborn into the family recently!

Today I finished my midterm interviews and got a whole class's exams graded! My other exam will be given on Friday, so in the meantime I am trying to get *everything* else graded and entered into my computer so that I am ready to post final grades as soon as my exams are finished. Tomorrow is my day off, so I hope I have enough diligence to finish that task! Thankfully Belmont says it is going to be cold tomorrow so I won't be tempted to go outside instead of grading. I also am planning to make homemade pasta soon!! But I guess I should wait until we get back in town to try it. Or maybe not...

Tonight Belmont and I met with our small groups at church. Leah and I talked with our girls about our unity as the body of Christ. They are 7th- and 8th-graders and are always swamped with school work. They have come to small group before and have almost fallen asleep. We are trying to find a balance between teaching and activity in order to better reach their learning styles. Tonight I thought outside the box and the lesson seemed to go really well! I hope God will use it to His glory and keep a few of the things that we talked about circulating in their minds. We did three-legged races at the first of the night... which then turned into a five-legged race! (We joined all four girls together and the result was hilarious.) I used this illustration to talk about running the Christian race together and helping each other toward the finish line. We have been talking about prayer in our group this semester. Susan Hunt used Jesus' High Priestly Prayer in John 17 in her book Prayers of the Bible to bring out points such as glorification, sanctification, and unity. We had talked about the first two in previous weeks and touched on unity and nearness to God in tonight's lesson. Whenever we are able to tie an object lesson into our talk, it seems to go better. I am hoping that they remember the three- and five-legged races (and multi-part Oreos that we ate and discussed tonight) as they are growing and being sanctified. :)

Belmont is in the kitchen listening to Frank Sinatra and transferring his beer. He is making a new batch of beer for his cousin, Ryan, which will be given out at the wedding reception like our Mr. & Mrs. Belvebeers were. Ryan and Ellen had a graphic designer friend of theirs design labels for the beers and they look awesome!! I was so impressed. Sometimes I wish I had tech-y design programs... but that would probably just be another thing that distracted me from getting my work done. Ha! Like this homemade pasta I keep thinking about...

In healthy food news, I ate two huge salads today and also started my day off with soy milk on my cereal. I have been cheating with dairy a lot more recently and I do not like how I feel. The youth group needs to start drinking all of their chocolate milk on Sunday mornings so that it doesn't wind up at our house. There's nothing quite like chocolate milk to tempt me into dairy consumption.

*Yawn* I am so tired! I am getting incredibly excited about an extensive road trip with my favorite boy, best friend, and incredibly handsome soul mate. We really enjoy road trips in general, but I think this one will be especially awesome because we've both been gone so much recently. Yay, Spring break!

I hope you have all had a lovely Wednesday.
Happy Thursday (day off?) tomorrow!
Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment